Friday, August 30, 2013

Ah yes, so much for the productive, "I will write everyday to get the river of brain juice flowing" mantra.  The summer has gone.  When did I last write something?  I'd have to go back to the last post and check the date because I haven't a clue.  What I do know is I woke up this morning itching to work on a new script that was invading my dreams, but I have other things on my agenda, like oh I don't know, trying to find a way to make a living so I can find time to write all these amazing ideas down.  (Seriously, it has to do with a play version of a cooking show and there's this demon see, and the chef only got on the show because..)

But I digress.  I can't give away what I haven't written yet.  I just wish I could wake up, crawl into my writing cave and have at it.  Not so lucky.  Spent morning so far updating business cards into my Google contacts.  Yes, welcome to the delights of data entry!  Found a few names I haven't contacted in awhile, so maybe that will inspire some catching up, but I doubt it.  Sorry everyone.

Why do our worlds become so small?  Facebook helps open up the life a bit, but still all in all, when you start living to talk to people on FB who live so far away you never see them, I think that makes a lonely person feel even lonelier.  Lots of reaching out, but no real "touching," you know what I mean?  What I wouldn't give for a pub night with old friends.  I tell you what, at 7 pm tonight, I will be sure to raise a glass to you all and I ask that wherever you are, you do the same, okay?

Cheers to absent friends!  xox

No comments:

Post a Comment